1.) KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT
Knowledge development can be done via e-Learning on your PC, on an IPad (available for all classes) or with a textbook and DVD (available for non-intensive classes only).
- E-Learning takes ~8-10 hours of your own time. It consists of videos, quizzes and one final multiple choice exam. It can be found via panaqua.com on the “eLearning” button. The cost is $179. The eductational pack with logbook, dive slate, and electronic dive planner is included with your couse fee (a $68 value).
- Textbook and DVD can only be used the non-intensive classes! It consists of the same content as eLearning except in book form. Quizzes and a final exam will be taken in class. The cost is $79.50 for the textbook and $45.50 for the DVD, but you receive a full refund on the DVD once returned.
2.) SKILLS DEVELOPMENT: CONFINED WATER POOL CLASS
THERE ARE 4 DIFFERENT CLASS FORMATS TO CHOOSE FROM:
Two Nights/Week (4 sessions)* Cost: $399 ($349 member rate)
Mon & Wed 7:00 -11:30 PM Manhattan Plaza
Sundays (4 Sundays)* Cost: $399 ($350 member rate)
6:00-10:30 PM 92nd St. YMHA
Weeknight Intensive (3 sessions)* Cost: $399
Tue 7:00-11:30 PM Manhattan Plaza
Wed 7:00-11:30 PM Manhattan Plaza
Thurs 7:00-11:30 PM Manhattan Plaza
Weekend Intensive (2 sessions)* Cost: $399
Sat 5:00-11:00 PM Manhattan Plaza
Sun 5:00-11:00 PM Manhattan Plaza
*Register with Pan Aqua for all classes in advance.
Class space is available on a first sign-up basis. Pan Aqua reserves the right to make changes in class schedules.
*Private lessons can be arranged privately at the cost of $499*
92nd St. YMHA Manhattan Plaza
1395 Lexington Ave. 482 West 43rd St.
3.) FOUR OPEN WATER DIVES
The "open water" certification portion consists of four supervised scuba dives during which a scuba instructor will review your skills. You have three options to complete this portion:
- Dive with us! From May to the end of October we run trips to Dutch Springs in Bethlehem, PA and over the course of a weekend (Sat 7am-5pm and Sun 7am-5pm) you can become fully certified!
- Use a referral. If you are planning a tropical vacation, take the referral we give you, find a PADI center at your location and do your open water dives there! It’s that easy.
- Go on one of our trips! We take trips to world renowned dive sites near and far, and for a small fee you can finish all four dives with one of our instructors.
- Pan Aqua will provide all the equipment necessary to participate in the class. The most modern scuba equipment (complete regulator systems, computers, buoyancy jackets, wetsuits, tanks,and weights) is provided for your instruction.
- We will provide a wetsuit for your warmth in the pool as well as mask, snorkel, and fins. You need only provide a bathing suit and towel.
- If you choose to purchase your mask, snorkel, booties, and fins from Pan Aqua, you will receive a $75 rebate as well as a free equipment bag. Students receive a 10% discount on individual snorkeling items.
- Anyone 10 years of age or older is eligible for certification. The important factors to consider are good physical and emotional health.
We are a proud PADI 5* IDC centre, which means we thrive on quality service, safety and of course a lot of fun!